We, the undersigned, petition the Council to ask the people of Manchester on how to spend the £14.5 million Airport Dividend.
More details from petitioner:
We call upon Manchester City Council to hold a full public consultation on how to spend the additional Airport Dividend of £14.5 million. People who live, work and study in the city of Manchester must be able to say what their priorities are. While we want a cleaner and greener city, techno-fluff like "smarter bins" is an insult to people whose libraries and daycare centres are facing closure or reduction in services. £14.5 million is a huge some of money that would enable, for example, community improvement wards of £30,000 pounds for all 32 wards in Manchester for 15 years."
Submitted by Jo Campbell
Open from 11 Sep 2013 to 10 Jan 2014
Signatures: 390 [Go to signatures]
This petition was considered by the Finance Scrutiny Committee in June 2014. The recommendations and any follow up actions are detailed in the attached minutes.
Jo Campbell, the e-Petition Creator, joined by:
- Mr Wasim Ahmed on 08 Dec 2013
- Miss Natasha Brooks on 04 Dec 2013
- Mr Oliver Walker on 04 Dec 2013
- Mrs S Waterfall-Bode on 26 Nov 2013
- Mrs audrey evans on 25 Nov 2013
- Mrs Tracey Annette on 23 Nov 2013
- Ms ilona Singer on 22 Nov 2013
- Mr JOHN HULME on 22 Nov 2013
- Mr Jonathan Rodwell on 20 Nov 2013
- Miss Roxanne Neall on 20 Nov 2013